Invest in Space: Investor Presentation and Panel
Time & Location
About the Event
12:00 - 12:05: Introduction to the Keystone Space Collaborative and Brandon Farwell - Justine Kasznica, Chair of the Board of the Keystone Space Collaborative
12:05 - 12:10: Introduction to Sven Eenmaa - Brandon Farwell
12:10 - 12:35: Speaker 1 - Sven Eenmaa, Director of Investment and Economic Analysis, CASIS
12:35 - 12:40: Introduction to Panel - Brandon Farwell
12:40 - 1:30: VC Panel - Moderated by Brandon Farwell, Partner, Xfund
- Tess Hatch, Partner, Bessemer Ventures
- Gareth Keane, Investor, Promus Ventures
- Ellen Chang, Investor & Founder, Syndicate 708/Lightspeed Innovation
- Hoyt Davidson, Founder & Managing Partner, Near Earth LLC
About the Keystone Space Collaborative:
The Keystone Space Collaborative (the “Collaborative”) is a new nonprofit organization comprising of regional stakeholders representing industry, academia, economic development and government with a mission to serve as the Tri-State Region’s (PA, WV, OH) aerospace economic development organization, committed to attracting and expanding the next generation of space industry businesses in the region. The Collaborative seeks to establish a formal network and infrastructure across the region to support and grow the rapidly emerging commercial space sector. The region’s technological and research and manufacturing strengths are directly applicable to the strategic development of this sector, and the Collaborative seeks to leverage these strengths to become a key research, development and manufacturing hub for the commercial space industry. There are initial signs of this growth, and the Collaborative will be the centralizing, leading organization in the region to attract and accelerate aerospace business activities, support growing space-based start-ups, develop opportunities for space research at local schools and universities, keep high-level talent within the region, and support overall space-related job growth in the region.
The Collaborative will accomplishes these successes through curated and open programming by and for the audiences we serve, broken down by the following focus areas:
- Industry: The Industry Program supports organizations engaged in or interested in developing space-related research or technology in the region.
- Innovation: The Space Entrepreneurship Program will support entrepreneurs and startups through business development, investor pitches, and other support to grow the commercial space sector.
- Ecosystem: The Ecosystem Program, supported by and giving visibility to our ecosystem map and matchmaking efforts, is designed to promote and enable the region’s growing commercial space sector collaborations.
- Education: The Education Program and events drive awareness of industry opportunities and facilitate regional opportunities for students.
- Research: The Research Program facilitates and promotes space-sector research opportunities, including collaboration between academia and industry.